The Barn Scone is a luxury four bedroom homestead located on leading thoroughbred stud Kitchwin Hills, a scenic 30 min drive from Australia’s horse capital of Scone. Architecturally designed, this newly renovated house is situated on the stud’s most scenic vista.
The Barn is an architecturally designed, luxury renovated house situated on arguably the most beautiful vista on the entire stud. A northern aspect overlooking the stud brings with it amazing views, that depending on the time of day and time of year, will blow your mind.
Australian native landscaped gardens, the fire pit and a pool with a helluva view present a truly unique situation. The property is conveniently located 30 mins from Scone via Gundy.
The house will sleep a total of 14 people and is comprised of:
- 1 x King room – with en-suite and north facing balcony.
- 1 x Queen room – with detached bathroom and north facing balcony.
- 1 x Queen room – south facing.
- 8 x Large built-in luxury bunk beds, with direct access to additional TV room. Ideal for kids. Watch them sleep in from this room.
- Two large bathrooms, one bath, fully equipped.
- Mud room including laundry, shower and toilet.
- Large kitchen with island bench including 2 x Siemens fully integrated dishwashers. All amenities for the gourmet food buff are supplied for your use.
- Dining Table with seating for up to 12 people.
- Living room with 65 cm Samsung Frame QLED TV, Outdoor Sonos speaking system.
- Rumpus room with 55 cm Samsung QLED TV, with large lounge.
- Integrated sound system throughout the kitchen, living and dining areas.
- Ducted A/C and reverse cycle heating, all rooms are controlled to your personal liking.
- Internal Gas Fire and external wood fireplace.
- Free Wi-Fi access throughout the house.
- Large outdoor deck area with 8 seat outdoor suite and table, gas BBQ.
- Heated swimming pool also with the option to cool the pool water in the hot summer months.
The Stud Farm
Set in the idyllic surrounds of the Isis Valley, Kitchwin Hills is a magnificent environment for breeding and raising outstanding racehorses. The farm takes in almost 1,000 acres of virgin horse country, abundant in natural resources – the meandering Isis River, calcium-rich soils for bone strength and a sublime blend of flat, undulating and hill country.
This unique and tranquil setting allows us to cater to every aspect of thoroughbred breeding with a full range of specialised facilities ensuring only the best care for your mares, foals, weanlings, yearlings and stallions. The property has separate rearing and breeding farms for serving, foaling, prepping and spelling. Other features include floodlit 24hr surveillance paddocks, first class foaling down and mare care, American-style barn stabling, a state-of-the-art veterinary area, a round yard and daily exercise paddocks.
With constant care by our expert staff, Kitchwin Hills presents a complete package for serious breeders.
The Barn offers the opportunity to immerse yourself in an experience previously reserved for large horse breeders only. You can do so at a level that suites you. Depending on the season, you can experience all aspects of stud life. Contact the stud office on 02 6545 8065 for details of what is possible. This experience might just blow your mind.
Things to do
Magpie Craft Distillery Murrurundi – 45 mins
The Orchard Lodge Moonan Flat – 41 mins
Nundle township – 70 mins
Scone – 35 mins
Linga Longa Pub – 15 mins
Ellerston – 47 mins
Pokolbin – 1hr 45 mins